Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Very Bad Poem About Hockey


I'd like to share a very funny and very terrible poem I wrote when I was 15. This is not edited. It's bad writing at its greatest.

...okay, maybe it's a little tongue-and-cheek. But mainly it's just bad.

Hockey is Great

Hockey is a contact sport

A line that never rang so true

There’s defence and offence, and goalies aplenty

And three thick lines—coloured red and blue


The Maple Leafs really suck

But I guess the Sharks are okay

The goalie in New Jersey really rocks

But Go Canucks all the way!


My favourite analyst is Pierre McGuire

His monster picks are the best

And what’s with Tie Domi and TSN?

He thinks he’s better than all the rest


I really hope I win my pool this year

But Ovechkin is letting me down

I thought I could put my trust in him

But all he’s doing is leaving me with a frown


The good thing about being a girl fan

Is that you’re constantly checking players out

There are a lot of sexy players in the NHL

But Spezza is the hottest without a doubt!


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

1 comments: on "A Very Bad Poem About Hockey"

Anonymous said...

your blog is officially save on my tabs bar.
solely because of this poem.
its amazzzzzing.
<3 sahara

Post a Comment