Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dustin Byfuglien traded to Atlanta, Canucks fans cry with happiness



It's hard to terrorize Luongo when you're stuck in the other Conference.

Dustin Byfuglien, the maniacal behemoth that has ruled over the goaltending crease of Roberto Luongo for so long, is off to Atlanta, which means he will play the Vancouver Canucks only once every regular season. I think I just heard the *pop* of a champagne bottle.

The trade: Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel, and Akim Aliu to the Atlanta Thrashers, in exchange for the 24th overall pick, the 54th pick, Marty Reasoner, Joey Crabb and Jeremy Morin, via Bob McKenzie.

Canucks fans: are you happy? Or are you really happy?

Okay, okay, and the more important question: good trade for both teams? We knew Chicago had a ton of salary to dump. They lose a little bit of depth, but gain a veteran presence in Reasoner, and as if they needed more young talent, a boatload of prospects. As for the Atlanta side, does anyone...care? (I kid, I kid)

The trade is still in progress, meaning nothing is finalized. I'll keep you guys posted.

Update: Alright, it's finalized. Happy now?

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Dustin Byfuglien traded to Atlanta, Canucks fans cry with happiness"

Post a Comment